The miniature DC geared motor is composed of the general DC motor and the matching gear reducer. The role of the DC gear motor (30W – 750W) is to provide a lower speed and obtain a large torque. Different gear box reduction ratios can provide different speeds and torques, which greatly improves the utilization rate of DC motors. A geared motor is an integrated body of a reducer and a motor (motor), and the combined machine is called a geared motor. The geared motor is generally supplied as a complete set after being integrated and assembled by a professional geared motor manufacturer. Geared motors are widely used and can be used in the steel industry, mechanical industry, etc.
Geared motors are mainly divided into the following categories: high-power geared motors, coaxial helical geared motors, parallel-shaft helical geared motors, spiral bevel geared motors, etc. The main characteristics of the geared motor are as follows:
- The geared motor can save space, be used reliably, can withstand a certain overload capacity, and the power can meet the needs of customers.
- The geared motor has low energy consumption and superior performance.
- The gear reduction motor has small vibration, low noise, high energy saving, high quality forged steel material, rigid cast iron box, and the surface of the gear is heated by high frequency.
- After fine processing, the positioning accuracy is guaranteed, all of which constitute the gear reduction motor of the gear transmission assembly, equipped with various motors, forming mechatronics, which completely guarantees the quality characteristics of the product.
- The geared motor adopts a serialized and modular design and has a wide range of adaptability. At the same time, various other motors, device orientations and layout plans can be combined, and any rotational speed and various layout methods can be selected according to actual needs.
The method of changing the speed of micro DC motor
The original speed of the micro DC motor is generally thousands of revolutions if the required speed is only a few dozen revolutions. We need to use the reduction box to reduce the speed, and different speeds can be obtained through different reduction ratios. For example, the original speed is 1000, and the reduction ratio of the reduction box is 1:100, then the speed we get is 10 rpm. If the reduction ratio is 1:50, the resulting speed is 20, because the lower the output speed, the greater the output torque. Therefore, the torque of general micro DC motors is relatively large, which is suitable for smart locks, 3D pens, label printers and other products. In addition to the gearbox, we can also adjust the speed through the following three methods.
- Adjust the armature voltage
The voltage has a great influence on the operation of the micro motor, and the speed of the micromotor can be changed by adjusting the voltage.
- Change the electromagnetic strength
The operation of the micro motor is generated by the mutual movement of the electromagnetic and the rotating shaft. When the strength of the magnetic field changes, the rotational speed will change, and the rotational speed can be changed by changing the electromagnetic strength. This method can only weaken the magnetic flux of the micromotor and make the rated rotational speed of the micromotor shift upward, which belongs to constant power speed regulation and dynamic response. Slower, although it can step-less and smooth speed regulation, the speed regulation range is small.
- Adjust the resistance
Adjusting the resistance can directly change the magnitude of the current, and adjusting the resistance can directly change the speed of the motor. However, it can only have extreme speed regulation, and the smoothness is poor, the mechanical properties are soft, and the efficiency is low. If you do not understand the characteristics of the motor, it will directly burn the motor due to excessive current.
The above explains when the micro gear motor is. Gearmotors will update you with more information about the gear motor.